How Not To Get Hacked
Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:38 AM
Some simple steps that can help you avoid losing your account:
1. Don't give out your password or Account to anyone under any circumstance (Most Important).
2. Don't use the same account and/or password for forums or other applications that require registering.
3. Don't use passwords that can be guessed (EX. abc123)
4. Don't download hacks or bots, without scanning them first. Only download from credible sources.
5. Be careful of phishing sites. These sites will look exactly like official sites. (EX. A website that looks
exactly like www.silkroadonline.net, but the link is www.silkr0adonline.net) Download Mozilla Firefox, this
is a web browser that can usually detect phishing sites.
6. Scan your computer for any viruses or trojans, you may already have some from before you download
anything. You can search for free virus/trojan software at www.downloads.com. Just type in what you're looking
for. (EX Search: virus scanner)
That's all I got for now. If you have more to add to the list, you are very welcome to do so. Hope this helps.
Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:27 PM
you too Ronan
very important Info about how to not be hacked
another one might be useful :
when you want to play in a netCafe' " Cyber " try to not type your password if front of anyone
our friend KAZOMY hacked by this way i think
me too , one of my friends watch me typing the password
i was so terified to not be stolen , but i changed it faster i was so lucky
many thx all , if any one find another way , plz tell us