FamousWhy.com Forum: How Can I ...? - FamousWhy.com Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Can I ...? ask us, if you do not know how to do it...

#1 User is offline   Famous Heart 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:23 PM

how to upload my pictures/attachments and to make them appear smaller?

otherwise it will look like this one...

http://forum.famousw...t...post&p=3065

#2 User is offline   XEN 

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:56 PM

I don't quite understand what you mean ! The picture you are showing us is not going beyond the frame. It looks like a normal picture.

#3 User is offline   Crusher 

• Guardian Angel
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Guardians

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

at Vesp, You cannot do that.

#4 User is offline   Famous Heart 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

I cannot understand neither of you...
first...what is normal? is too big... I wish that the forum show it smaller and if I click on it to see it larger...
second...why I cannot??? I know other forums where this attachments aren't so big.

#5 User is offline   Crusher 

• Guardian Angel
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Guardians

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

You cannot resize it.

#6 User is offline   Adi Barb 

• Admin
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:32 AM

It's original dimensions are : 800 x 600px and it's over the forum's Attachments Limit, that's why it is displayed as a thumb, being reduced by 13%.

Before attaching an image into a post, it's size must be no more than 700x700 pixels in order to be displayed unthumbed and with no reduce percent. We all must edit all the attached pictures before posting because larger files cause our forum to load slowly and slowly.

As an image editor I recommend you all Macromedia Fireworks. It's easy to use interface will make your image editing process easier whether you're an expert or a novice PC user.

#7 User is offline   Famous Heart 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

Why the forum does not reduce more? why only 13%? others forums can reduce more...I do not wish change the actual size which is as I wanted to be...I want that to be displayed with 70 % smaller, for example. so I have seen this and I know it can be done, but I do not know how to do it.

#8 User is offline   Adi Barb 

• Admin
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:58 PM

The reduced percent is not 13% for all the pictures. It was 13% for the picture you have attached because the original size of 800x600 is now 700x525 with that 13% applied on it's parameters.

It was reduced to 700 width to fit the Attachements limits and to fit the screen.

Automatic Image Resize Percentage does the same thing as Attachment Image Thumbnail Size does but has superior rights somehow.

The Automatic Image Resize Percentage is now set to 64.

I couldn't find it's use even now... and I had a discussion with IPB support about that.

I want that to be displayed with 70 % smaller, for example. so I have seen this and I know it can be done, but I do not know how to do it.

Try to install Macromedia Fireworks ... or any other Images Editor Software and I will assist you on how to export smaller images .

#9 User is offline   DoctorHighIQ 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Adi Barb @ Apr 24 2007, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's original dimensions are : 800 x 600px and it's over the forum's Attachments Limit, that's why it is displayed as a thumb, being reduced by 13%.

Before attaching an image into a post, it's size must be no more than 700x700 pixels in order to be displayed unthumbed and with no reduce percent. We all must edit all the attached pictures before posting because larger files cause our forum to load slowly and slowly.

As an image editor I recommend you all Macromedia Fireworks. It's easy to use interface will make your image editing process easier whether you're an expert or a novice PC user.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic