• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are Women More Romantic Than Men?

#1 User is offline   nevermind_me 

• FamousWhy Citizen
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:17 PM

It s a subject that will probably be debated until the end of time, but on the evidence available to date psychologists tend to feel that women do not fall in love as readily as men do.

Moreover, women seem to fall out of love more quickly and suffer less long term distress than men do when a relationship breaks up. Why this should be so is also a controversial question about which psychologist have different opinions. One view contends that in cultures in which women are allowed to choose their mates, as opposed to the family aranging a marriadge, the women must look out for her own best interests. She seeks the man who is best able to provide for her and their future children.

Some psychologists think that this is may explain why it is not uncommon for women to be attracted to men with power- phisical, financial or social.

Men, by contrast, are prone to fall in love very quickly and be much less critical than women of the qualities of the person they love. According to one study, men are far more likely than women to believe in 'love at first sight' and that love 'comes only once in a lifetime'.

Of course, these are just theories elaborated by psychologist... Do you agree with them or not?

#2 User is offline   dinteus 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:08 PM

What is your opinion? Maybe we would like to read your oppinion too;).....Do u believe that the results of the study are correct? Do you feel what the study revealed yourself?

#3 User is offline   nevermind_me 

• FamousWhy Citizen
  • PipPip

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

I don t know just how relevant my own opinion is, but, if you really want to know, i do not agree with those theories.
Women have always been more sensitive and much more romantic than men because they dream more (from the time they are just little babies they dream about finding their prince).

Also, i am quite sure that they don t get over a break up as quickly as men do. They put far more feelings into a relationship and they usually get burned. And you don t forget that very easy. And it is harder for a woman to find a 'replacer' than it is for a man. You usually see the man with someone else just a short time after the break up...
And I don t think YOU can argue with me on that!

#4 User is offline   Devi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:57 AM

Never mind what other people say...It depends on each and every person you ask...Not taking into account that the same person can be romantic with some of the partners throughout life, and with the others not biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   dude 

• FamousWhy Citizen
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:47 PM

Don't think so....Men do much more romantic stuff...why do you think women are romantic..just because they adore us(men) when we are romantic?...Is a woman romantic just because she wants her man to be romantic?Because that is what is happening...The man is being romantic and the woman gets that romance...
So...I think the answer is:..........NO!!!

#6 User is offline   Devi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:18 PM

You might have a point here.... unsure.gif ...yes, some women love when men are romantic, but there are women who take the lead and do the romantic stuff. And usually they are better than men in this blum.gif It all depends on what you call "romantic stuff" !

#7 User is offline   dinteus 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:17 AM

Show them to me!... Where are they? rolleyes.gif ... hope I am not breaking any heart biggrin.gif ... I don't really think that girls are more romantic... Mine is... biggrin.gif ... But that's it:D...

#8 User is offline   Adi Barb 

• Admin
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

Statistics sais the following things :

Who Falls In Love Faster? Men!
Who Is More Idealistic About Love? Men!
Who Usually Initiates the Breakup? Women!
Who Suffers More From a Breakup? Men!
Who Loves Their Lovers More? Men!

so... in conclusion

NO! Women are not more romantic than men!

#9 User is offline   Angel 

• The Silent Enigma
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

Dunno about the statistics , but I'm more romantic than my boyfriend. He's romantic too , but doesn't show that very well. pardon.gif

#10 User is offline   Sanctus 

• FamousWhy Citizen
  • PipPip

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:47 PM

My answer is no.
I think men are more romantic. Now it depends... there are a lot of different people. I for one I'm very romantic and sensible(and that's not nice becouse other guys kinda make fun of it). I for one look only at girls that share the same ideea as me so they should be as romantic/sensible as me

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic